Fashion Faux Pas- Defn: a fashion choice that violates accepted norms.
And yes, we have all been there and done that, whether on purpose for attention or by accident because we lost our minds or fashion sense for the moment. However, whatever the reason was, we here at The Style Duo want to help all our fashionistas out there from making bad fashion choices in the future. After all, that is what our job is all about. We love helping women (and men too) find their best stylish selves and feel confident in their own skin. Now don’t get us wrong, we do make our own fashion faux pas from time to time and we often say it is fun in fashion to not always play by the rules. But there are some rules that we believe are good to keep in mind when getting dressed.
1. Bra Straps showing: Invest in a really good strapless bra instead.
2. Too tight clothes: Go up a size if need be. Don’t get too hung up on the number.
3. Too baggy clothes: Find a really good local seamstress and get things altered that don’t fit properly.
4. Muffin tops hanging out because of low rise jeans: Instead buy mid rise jeans and longer tees.
5. Exposed thong: Go commando if need be.
6. Too much bling: A little bling is stylish and too much bling is tacky!
7. Exceptionally long nails: Just cut em!
8. Too much revealing cleavage: We love a little cleavage (and actually wish we had more!) but again too much of a good thing is just too much!
9. Wearing too many trends all at once: While we love mixing things up this can be a bit tricky. If you want to mix trends, pick two at a time and keep the rest of your ensemble simple.
10. Wearing white after Labor Day: Actually this Fashion Faux Pas is NOT a mistake in our eyes. We LOVE wearing white all winter long. Just keep the fabrics season appropriate and opt for winter white shades.