Fashion has always been our passion and we love to tell stories of our mom and grandmother taking us shopping as young, little fashionistas and feeling the thrill of new styles even way back then. We can remember piling in the car EVERY Saturday morning (with our reluctant but willing dad and grandpa too) and heading over to the Paramus Park Mall for a day of fun. After a quick stop at the food court and Chick-fil-A for some shopping energy, we would leave dad and grandpa on a comfy bench with a newspaper or two and head out on our way. We always made stops at the A&S cosmetics counter to check out the new Pupa makeup kits, then off to Fortunoffs for nameplate necklaces, & next up Scribbles where we found our stonewashed jeans, splattered paint sweatshirts and neon cropped t’s. Our shopping spree usually lasted about 3 hours long before we headed back to the comfy bench. After ooohing and aaahhing about our purchases to the guys, who at that point were half asleep, we threw some pennies in the great big waterfall and piled back into the car for our trip home. By the time we reached New City, we were already counting the days until our next shopping adventure!!!
Tried & True Shopping Tips
1. Figure out your budget BEFORE you get to the store.
2. Follow the sales and only splurge on pieces that you feel you MUST have and you will get great use out of.
3. Don’t buy just to buy. If you don’t find anything that you absolutely love then walk away with extra money for next time.
4. Don’t worry about the size of the item. If it fits and looks good on you don’t worry about the size on the tag.
5. Always find a comfy chair or bench for your dad, boyfriend or hubby. Some malls and department stores even have televisions in waiting areas for men!