Sometimes we enjoy what we do so much, we think is this really considered a job?? Well, that is exactly how we felt during our styling session with the gorgeous Dr. Joy last week. She is smart, classy and simply gorgeous! And as a talk show host for the The Dr. Joy Show, she loves to stay stylish and current! So when she asked us to style her for her upcoming season we jumped at the chance to dress this amazing lady!
We spent the day at the fabulous Boutique 811 in Franklin Lakes NJ and came up with some great options for her to wear on her show. Styling someone for television is very different than styling them for an event, work or everyday life. We wanted Dr. Joy to feel sexy BUT also appropriate, on trend, and really confident. Our goal was also to find outfits in rich colors that would look great on television and bring out her beautiful smile and bright eyes! We were amazed how easy and fun our job became because she looked great in everything!!
Here are some of The Style Duo tips for dressing for the camera:
1. COLOR! We love white and we love black but on camera they both look a little blah. Cobalt blues, poppy reds and rich burgundies look great on tv!
2. SLEEK and SIMPLE- While we love to accessorize, on television you have to be careful not to overdo it. Too much jewelry and fussy scarves can look messy and overpowering. Keep it a little simpler when in front of the camera.
3. SEXY BUT APPROPRIATE: Save your super low cut tops and micro minis for the nightclubs. With the whole world watching you on tv, you want to keep it classy. But that being said, buttoned up and boring looks are for the library! Dresses that hit just above the knee are feminine, flirty and on trend.
4. SOLID COLORS: Try and stay away from plaids, florals and bold prints. Solid colors look cleaner and more flattering.
5. COMFORT: When filming for television, the day can be extremely long and grueling. Often it takes hours to get one scene or segment just right. That is why it is important that what you wear is comfortable and easy to move and sit in.
Check out DR. Joys website http://www.drxjoy.com/
And watch her this Fall at http://princetontv.org/About_the_Programs.html .
The Style Duo will be appearing on her show in the upcoming months so we will keep you posted with that!!