Thanksgiving is a holiday that revolves around a big delicious feast shared with family and friends. And while the recipes, invites and traditions are the main focus for most, fashionistas everywhere also want to look fall festive and chic while chowing down on all the yummy foods. Whether you’re hosting a big family gathering, attending a small low key dinner with friends, or planning a fun getaway, don’t forget to wear a stylish outfit that looks great and has some wiggle room for full bellies!!!! Here are some stylish ideas to inspire you this week!
Chic and casual- Comfy boyfriend jeans and tee, cool accessories and an on trend plaid coat make a complete fall ensemble ideal for a low key holiday dinnner.
2. Ombre faux fur vests are all the rage this season and are a great layering piece for a holiday dinner outfit.
Glam and Gorgeous- a chunky knit dress, interesting outerwear and sleek black boots are great options for the glam girl for a big holiday gathering.
Since some Thanksgiving get-togethers are all about football, why not get in the spirit and wear your fave team apparel!
This time of year it is all about lists. Lists of holiday must haves, (see last week’s blog!), list of presents for the whole family, lists of ingredients for holiday feasts, lists of who has been naughty or nice, etc etc. So for today’s blog we decided to make a list of our fave online websites. And this is especially important right before the holidays when so many of us are shopping online from the comfort of our own homes. And the sales are getting better and better each day! So check out our list and get shopping!!
1. Revolveclothing.com – for fun, on trend clothes that can’t always be found in department stores.
2. Neimanmarcus.com – always a favorite!!
3. Renttherunway.com – if you don’t feel like spending hundreds of dollars on holiday fashions, check out this site where you can rent high end designer duds at a minimal price!
4. dvf.com – for THE BEST wrap dresses!
5. ramybrook.com – for sexy and chic pieces that will make you feel like a million bucks for girls night out!
6. jennifermillerjewelry.com – for cool jewelry that is either fine or faux…really affordable or totally worth the splurge!
7. calypsostbarth.com – beachy and bohemian styles for tropical destinations.
8. jcrew.com – for great basics and (believe it or not) FABULOUS jewelry!
9. blackhalo.com – for the perfect sheath! We love the Jackie O styles!
10. bluefly.com- one of the original online designer discount sites. Super sales!
As we head into holiday season, (how is it almost Thanksgiving, Chanukah, and Christmas already?) we have decided to put out a list of our Holiday 2014 MUST HAVES! These items are some of our fave gift giving ideas for this holiday season while others are personal must haves to treat ourselves for being good all year! So check out our list and let us know some of your must haves too!! Enjoy!
HOLIDAY MUST HAVES 2014
1. Jo Malone Candles
2. Saint Laurent Rings
3. Missoni Towels
4. Hermes Enamel Bracelets
5. Mrs. Prindable’s Gourmet Caramel Apples
6. C Wonder Monogrammed Jewelry Box
7. Tory Burch slippers
8. Chanel Glossimer lipglosses
9. Burberry Scarves
10. Rachel Zoe Faux Fur Vests at QVC.com
We love it when fashion geniuses take a couple of cool trends and combine them together to create a single fabulous piece. Introducing color blocked, and furry outerwear! We have always been big fans of fur vests and we love rocking color blocked outfits. Now put the two trends together and you have instant glamour! And we also love it when you can purchase fun trends on a budget. So whether you are ready to splurge on this exciting new “duo trend’ or save and get one at a really good deal, we encourage you to try it. After all a duo is always better than one!