Whether you are a teenager or you have a teenager, this time of year is a lot of fun. Prepping for prom is a milestone to be celebrated and for the young ladies there is nothing more fun than picking out a prom dress! After all, this is one of the first occasions where a girl can truly feel like a princess! And this year’s prom dress selection does not disappoint. Beautiful pastel colors, two-piece versions, lots of white, and glittery gowns are just some of the trends that young fashionistas will get to choose from. Here are some beautiful options. We wish all the kids a super stylish prom season!
Ok, so Mother Nature really threw us for a loop last Friday in our neck of the woods! Instead of having a gorgeous first day of Spring, we were blanketed with snow and forced to pull out those down coats and snow boots yet once again. And what a bummer! We had just put them away hoping to start wearing all of our new spring looks. With so many unbelievable trends this year, Mother Nature better start changing her tune so we have lots of time to wear each one. Take a look at some of our faves from all the hot Spring trends out there.
1. Whites! All whites! From bright whites to cream and everything in between!
2. The New Boho trend- where gypsy girl meets jet set lady. The more romantic side of the style in silhouettes appropriate for eveningwear.
3. Marsala- the new color of the year as announced by Pantone. Marsala is an earthy wine red color, very rich and seductive.
4. Sleeveless jackets- the new layering piece. Very versatile, with an effortless vibe.
5. The wide brimmed fedora- a fresh take on the classic hat.
6. Fringe- on bags, shoes, and clothing. Fun and flirty.
7. The bucket bag- chic and practical. A roomy bag shaped like a bucket, with a drawstring closure.
8. Denim – on all the runways, shown in new and refreshed silhouettes. Many designers are even showing embellished denim for lots of fun and drama.
9. Two piece eveningwear- a crop top and long skirts are all the rage for formal affairs and the upcoming prom season.
10. Block heels- designers are emphasizing comfort and ease while still looking chic with these chucky heels.
Wishing you all a sunshiney, snow-free Spring!!!!
With spring just a week away, we couldn’t be more excited to embrace this fabulous season! And we are even more excited about the beautiful trends in fashion that are hitting all the stores. But nothing is as exciting as spring SHOES!! It is finally time to pack away the snow boots and get ready for some of the hottest shoe trends we have seen in a long time! FRINGE, FLATS, SPORTY SANDALS, MULES & BLOCK HEELS are just a few of the amazing styles that are in store for shoes. As stylists, we always advise our clients to save a little extra for a fabulous spring shoe that will truly put a spring in your step. Because let’s face it there is a little Carrie Bradshaw in all of us! Here are some new shoes we have our eyes on…