Hey New York! It’s getting cold outside! But instead of crying into your hot vanilla lattes, it’s time to get smart and bundle up! We have always been the first to declare a move to Florida the minute the temps on the northeast dropped to below 50 degrees. But then we decided to embrace our New York/New Jersey locales and start dressing warmer. That means lots of layering, wool scarves and comfy gloves. But the thing we now get most excited about is investing in gorgeous, stylish and WARM coats. Here are some great options to keep you toasty too!!
Monthly Archives: November 2013
TIME FOR RESORT!
So just as boots, booties, fur vests, wool coats and scarves are making it’s way out of our wardrobes and onto the streets…it is now time to start talking RESORT! This is one of our favorite times of the year because we get to start planning for our Christmas break sunny getaways. And we LOVE the whole planning and packing part of these vacations because it’s all about fun RESORT fashions!
When we think RESORT, we think of the true glamour girl buying all new swimsuits, kaftans, white sundresses and the Louie Vuitton luggage collection! Now we might have to skip the Louie luggage BUT that doesn’t mean we can’t splurge on colorful, trendy pieces that give us a little taste of what’s to come for Spring and Summer. So wherever you are headed for your holiday trips, remember have a little fun with fashion and don’t forget the sunscreen! Here’s a sneak peek…
FASHION FAUX PAS
Fashion Faux Pas- Defn: a fashion choice that violates accepted norms.
And yes, we have all been there and done that, whether on purpose for attention or by accident because we lost our minds or fashion sense for the moment. However, whatever the reason was, we here at The Style Duo want to help all our fashionistas out there from making bad fashion choices in the future. After all, that is what our job is all about. We love helping women (and men too) find their best stylish selves and feel confident in their own skin. Now don’t get us wrong, we do make our own fashion faux pas from time to time and we often say it is fun in fashion to not always play by the rules. But there are some rules that we believe are good to keep in mind when getting dressed.
1. Bra Straps showing: Invest in a really good strapless bra instead.
2. Too tight clothes: Go up a size if need be. Don’t get too hung up on the number.
3. Too baggy clothes: Find a really good local seamstress and get things altered that don’t fit properly.
4. Muffin tops hanging out because of low rise jeans: Instead buy mid rise jeans and longer tees.
5. Exposed thong: Go commando if need be.
6. Too much bling: A little bling is stylish and too much bling is tacky!
7. Exceptionally long nails: Just cut em!
8. Too much revealing cleavage: We love a little cleavage (and actually wish we had more!) but again too much of a good thing is just too much!
9. Wearing too many trends all at once: While we love mixing things up this can be a bit tricky. If you want to mix trends, pick two at a time and keep the rest of your ensemble simple.
10. Wearing white after Labor Day: Actually this Fashion Faux Pas is NOT a mistake in our eyes. We LOVE wearing white all winter long. Just keep the fabrics season appropriate and opt for winter white shades.
WHO’S WATCHING BETRAYAL?
Keeping a close eye on what the most beautiful and stylish celebrities are wearing is a big part of our job. As stylists, we often get fabulous fashion ideas for our clients just by reading Hollywood magazines and watching all the glitzy red carpet events. One celeb newcomer, in particular, that has gotten our attention is the ridiculously stunning Hannah Mare. Hannah Mare is an English model and actress who is currently starring in the ABC prime time soap Betrayal. Now, of course, many of us are hooked on the show because of its torrid love affair (and yes we love that part too) but we are also hooked on Hannah’s beautiful fashions and interesting style. Take a look at some of our favorite looks from this season. And if you haven’t been tuning in on Sunday nights, now is the time to start!