So in embracing Halloween’s trick or treat theme, we decided to give our readers some “tricks” to looking especially stylish all year round. And the “treat” will be feeling fabulous every single day. So don’t be “scared” to try these tips. You will be happy you did!
1. Everyone looks good in cobalt blue! If you are hesitant to wear color and always choose neutrals or basic black we challenge you to try cobalt blue. It miraculously works well on all skin and hair colors and gives a girl a little glow.
2. Fitted is usually better than baggy. We often see clients trying to buy clothes that cover their problem areas. And while we agree, wearing daisy dukes is not a good choice if you have flabby thighs, wearing a muumuu isn’t the answer either! We suggest you buy clothes that fit properly AND try and have almost all your clothing tailored to fit your proportions perfectly!
3. We have never met a girl that didn’t look good in a wrap dress. Our clients often say, “Oh I would look horrible in one of those!” Of course, the minute they put one on they are proven wrong! We don’t care if you are tall. short, have a big bust or you are flat-chested. ALL the ladies look sexy and sophisticated when wearing the wrap. Diane Von Furstenburg is our idol for starting the trend years ago. Try one and you will soon be a fan too!
4. Get a tan! Ok, we are not talking George Hamilton here but everyone looks better with a little tan. We are also not suggesting baking in the sun or going into one of those dangerously unhealthy tanning beds. All we advise is to invest in a tube of Jergens gradual self tanner. Clarins and Sephora also make some nice ones. Bottom line, bronzed is beautiful!
5. Lobe Wonders, double stick tape and baby wipes! These are three must haves for all beauty and fashion lovers. Lobe wonders are sold online and they are basically small stickers that fit behind your earlobes. They act as an anchor for earring hoops and posts so that the an earring won’t sag down on your lobe. They are wonderful for gals who wore heavy earrings in the 80′s and are now paying the price! Double stick tape is great for keeping everything in place and for not letting anything fall out accidentally! And finally baby wipes are miracle stain removers. Store a few in a plastic baggie and take it for on the go!
6. IMPORTANT TIP: Nothing screams sexy like a pair of red stilettos. Spice up ANY outfit with a red pump, bootie or sandal. HOT HOT HOT!
7. If all else fails, add a fabulous accessory. Do you ever feel the wardrobe blahs? You know, when nothing looks right or feels exciting to wear? Well grab a chunky necklace or big chandelier earrings and you will go from feeling boring to beautiful!! And you don’t have to spend a ton of money to make a big statement! Online websites like www.baublebar.com are great for amazing pieces at affordable prices!
Here’s to a stylish new you!